Tableau is a free software that allows user to easily create amazing and interactive visualisations and that too without any programming. Using this tool, one can simplify raw data into a much understandable form. Being easy and powerful, Tableau is a very popular data visualization tool in the Business industry.
One can connect to the authors around the world and can share their dashboards and spreadsheets on the global platform. The visualisations obtained from Tableau can be easily embedded on a website, social networks or a blog.
Prior knowledge to work on Tableau –
- Basic Computer Knowledge: How to run a given program and interact with any computer application.
- Experience with spreadsheet program
- Open to experience and learning
So, this is how easy it is to learn Tableau.
- Go to the link – https://www.tableau.com
- Go to the Products, there are four options:
- Tableau Desktop : It is a desktop software for individual use.
- Tableau Prep : It has two products – Tableau Prep Builder and Tableau Prep Conductor to build the data flow and schedule, monitor and manage the work flows across the organization.
- Tableau Server : It is more of an enterprise application.
- Tableau Online : It is a public software so anything uploaded to it is available to others who are using this software. This means that your work is no more private and confidential.
- Select Tableau Desktop > Try it for free.
- Selected the software version as per your system requirement. Download your free trial software.
- If you want to avoid trial then download Tableau Public
Now, the Tableau is installed to your system.
Tableau Drivers – Download and Connect
- Last Updated : 22 Apr, 2020
When working on Tableau, one of the befits a user can have is the option and ease to connect with many different types of data sources. If the user is working on the Tableau desktop edition, then it provides built-in connectivity to the different types of data sources.
One can clearly see many different options available to the left side under the Connect section.
Here, the user can apply many different built in connectivities options –
- Excel spreadsheet
- Any text file
- PDF File
- Spatial File
- Statistical file
- SPSS or another program
The user can also connect to any other data source by connecting the driver. To connect any driver, the user needs to go to Support Page of the Tableau website and can go to Download Drivers
On the Driver Download page, the user can filter by data sources like Amazon, Google Analytics. You can choose data as per the requirement and.bit version. If the user wants to download a particular driver set, follow the instructions given over there on how to download the data and you are done.