Cloud Computing Architecture:–
The cloud computing architecture consists of cloud services, middleware, software components, resources, their geo location, and the externally noticeable attributes among them their relationship. In cloud computing, security mainly depends on choosing the right architecture for the right application.
There are many components in the architecture of cloud computing. These components are connected loosely with each other. Cloud architecture can be broadly classified as follows:
1. Front-end, where the client interacts.
2. Back-end, which is the cloud section.
1. Frontend: – The client or user side of the cloud computing model is called front end. Frontend consist of clients or user computer device, different application and interfaces needed to access the cloud computing platforms.
2. Backend:-The cloud model itself is called backend. It includes all the resources, such as computers, server’s storage devices, deployment models, services and various security mechanisms which are required to offer different cloud computing services. Backend provides traffic control, built in security and different protocols. It consists of servers which have different protocols, which interface the devices with each other.
- A cloud computing system contains any type of web application programs, like data processing, video games, entertainment and software development. To administrate the entire cloud computing system, a central server is established. It manages the traffic and also monitors the user demand to make sure that the entire task of the system work well without any complexity. The server follows some set of rules called protocols. It uses a special type of software, known as middleware, communicates with the user who are connected to the cloud server.
- If the service provider has many customers, then there is a great demand for vast storage space. The cloud computing system must maintain a copy of the user’s data which is known as redundancy.
Advantage of cloud computing Architecture :-
The following are the advantage of cloud computing architecture:-
1. Minimum efforts of the administrator are required.
2. Pay as you go, that is, contract flexibility.
3. Elasticity and availability
4. Quick application deployment
5. Easy to manage
6. More efficient usage
7. Rapid deployment
Major Cloud Computing Vendors:-There are quite a number of cloud computing vendors. Here are some of the major players in the marketplace and their products:
Components of Cloud Computing Architecture
There are the following components of cloud computing architecture –
1. Client Infrastructure
Client Infrastructure is a Front end component. It provides GUI (Graphical User Interface) to interact with the cloud.
The application may be any software or platform that a client wants to access.
A Cloud Services manages that which type of service you access according to the client’s requirement.
Cloud computing offers the following three type of services:
i. Software as a Service (SaaS) – It is also known as cloud application services. Mostly, SaaS applications run directly through the web browser means we do not require to download and install these applications. Some important example of SaaS is given below –
Example: Google Apps, Salesforce Dropbox, Slack, Hubspot, Cisco WebEx.
ii. Platform as a Service (PaaS) – It is also known as cloud platform services. It is quite similar to SaaS, but the difference is that PaaS provides a platform for software creation, but using SaaS, we can access software over the internet without the need of any platform.
Example: Windows Azure, Force.com, Magento Commerce Cloud, OpenShift.
iii. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – It is also known as cloud infrastructure services. It is responsible for managing applications data, middleware, and runtime environments.
Example: Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, Google Compute Engine (GCE), Cisco Metapod.
4. Runtime Cloud
Runtime Cloud provides the execution and runtime environment to the virtual machines.
Storage is one of the most important components of cloud computing. It provides a huge amount of storage capacity in the cloud to store and manage data.
It provides services on the host level, application level, and network level. Cloud infrastructure includes hardware and software components such as servers, storage, network devices, virtualization software, and other storage resources that are needed to support the cloud computing model.
Management is used to manage components such as application, service, runtime cloud, storage, infrastructure, and other security issues in the backend and establish coordination between them.
Security is an in-built back end component of cloud computing. It implements a security mechanism in the back end.
The Internet is medium through which front end and back end can interact and communicate with each other.